Kolleen's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Jul 04, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from July 04 to 14, 2012

***SPOILERS*** Ugh, so glad to finally be done with Mr. Mercurial. Although this book was better than the last, I'm still annoyed by the entire series. One book would have been enough for me. So, upon finishing this last book, I will file the following complaints:

1.) Why do all the main characters in series books have to be women who are seemingly wanted by every man that sees them? Anastasia, Sookie, Bella... Can't we have a main character that is simply pretty in a plain sort of way?!?

2.) The whole Hyde situation, although it did add a much needed plot, was all a bit ridiculous. Hyde was super rich in his own right and could also sleep with pretty much any woman he wanted. Why all the jealousy and anger towards Christian?

3.) I knew exactly how these books would end before I even started the very first one, and I was right.

4.) I've had enough of books being turned into a series simply for the author to gain more riches! Books should be about quality not sales! If you are going to make a series, do it right and make it something worth reading. I hate books, such as these, where I simply finish the series because I need to know how it ends, instead of being hooked to the point where I must know how it ends.

5.) And lastly, why, oh WHY?!?!?! can't we have one single book that does not end up resolved in pregnancy and children equaling a happy ending?!?!?!? Is there not some woman out there that finds happiness without having a family? I'm not against this being a happy ending, but why does it always have to be the only happy ending?

I have no remarks about Christian because he is just fine by me. Everyone else was pretty annoying. Anyways, overall decent books and something to pass the time, but it doesn't quite live up to all the hooplah the series is getting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.