Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Suddenly You

Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suddenly You.

Quotes Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“No one had ever said such things to her before. People were intimidated by her self-possession and no-nonsense demeanor. No man would ever dream of calling her adorable, sweet, darling... and certainly no one had ever made her feel that way.”
Lisa Kleypas, Suddenly You

Lisa Kleypas
“I was ripe ten years ago. Now I’m merely preserved, and before long I’ll be buried back in the orchard with the other pits.”

-Amanda to Jack”

June 10, 2009 – Shelved as: spinster-old-maid
June 10, 2009 – Shelved as: victorian
June 10, 2009 – Shelved as: self-made-hero
June 12, 2009 – Shelved as: aar-top-100-romance

BJ Rose Danielle, what is a 'bbw heroine'? Noticed that as the name of one of your bookshelves - only thing I could come up with is 'born to be wild'!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Big, Beautiful, Woman (plump, larger sized heroine).

Eastofoz Isn't this the one with the berry scene 8)

Tammy Yes! I forgot about that one East!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Yeah, that was a WTF moment. And the finger part. I was like did he just do what I thought I just read??

Tammy That finger part happens so quickly that it's easy to miss it. I totally missed it the first time and then East pointed it out later. I had to grab my copy of the book and re-read that exact chapter!

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (last edited Jun 12, 2009 03:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Yeah. I have to admit it was disturbing because it came out of nowhere. The berry part didn't bother me nearly as much. I have come to the conclusion that LK is very experimental in her writing and I am chalking it down to one of her experiments.

Miriam I just bought this, it will be my first Kleypas!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Oh, I hope you like it, Miriam.

Miriam I keep hearing good things about her.