Rebecca Rodriguez's Reviews > Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer

Theodore Boone by John Grisham

Jul 03, 2012

Read on July 03, 2012

I was really interested in reading this book because I love John Grisham books and because I'm a teacher. I was excited that he has begun writing books for kids. I really enjoyed this book. Theodore Boone is a thirteen year old boy whose parents are both lawyers. Theo would like to follow in their footsteps or become a judge. The book begins with the trial of the century, the murder of a prominent citizen's wife. Her husband is accused of the crime. Theo is a role model for his classmates. He gets them seats for the first day of the trial and explains all of the players in court and how a trial works. As the story progresses, someone Theo knows reveals that there was a witness to the murder. This witness could change the outcome of the entire trial. The witness is afraid to come forward due to complicated circumstances. It is up to Theo and his family to help everyone involved and see that justice prevails. I liked the way Grisham got Theo out of his predicament. Very creative! Mr. Grisham does and excellent job of handling sensitive subjects for his younger audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Theodore Boone.