Silver James's Reviews > Blood Heir

Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews

Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1) by Ilona Andrews Well...I didn't see that one coming! First, I normally don't take this long to devour an Ilona Andrews book. I had to library books on hold with waiting lists that both dropped after I stared BLOOD HEIR and I feel guilty of I don't listen to and return books with waiting lists. I own a copy of this book so knew it would be waitig for me. Anyway. The book. I didn't see that coming either. Or that. I will not explain because I don't do spoilers. Suffice it to say that Julie has grown up and changed. A lot. Asconio and Derek make themselves known. There are new characters and old characters and changed characters. Bottom line, the Oracle has foreseen Kate's death and only Julie can change the future. The lengths she goes through? Yeah. Extreme. In the 8 years since she left after the Battle of Atlanta, LOTS of changes! Loved the book. Mostly. Oh, keep reading/listenig after the book ends. There's added material that's interesting and a total tease. Grrr.

What I didn't enjoy? Kate and Curran (and others from the KD series) are mentioned but make no actual appearance. Barabas, Christopher, and a few others (spoiler territory), and Conlan are on the page. I loved Renee Raudman's narration of the Kate Daniels books but I understand wanted a new narrator for Julie's voice. However, the mispronunciation of several names was jarring. I hope that gets corrected in the next book, if there is a next book. I'm remembering the huge delay in the Hidden Legacy series and wondering also about the next book in the Iron Covenant series, also a spin-off from the Kate-verse.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Heir.

October 18, 2020 – Shelved