Paul Harmon's Reviews > God Save the Queen

God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

Jul 02, 2012

it was ok
Read from July 02 to 03, 2012

I really wanted to like this book. I thought the concept would be great, the Hardcover "paperback" reminiscent of Doctor Who and Torchwood BBC books was brilliant But I found my self, forcing myself to read it. It's very immaturely and weakly written.
I was getting taken out of the story constantly by the authors various little quirks.
In one chapter Xandra says she forgot to taken her supplements ...Yet again, then the very next day she forgets to take her supplements and says that its something she never forgets to do.
Every time she mentions the Goblins she repeats the same mantra about how stupid it was to go see them, which is of course how she starts the book with no issues what so ever...but yeah I got it the first time.
She also states that the goblins know everything which is why she goes to see them about her sister in the first place, yet when she wants to know what else happened (trying to be spoiler free) she turns it into a mystery instead of just going back and asking these all knowing but scary creatures that seem to like her, the rest of the story.
It was unfortunately like a Twilight book (at least it was better than that though) it wasn't supposed to be YA but it read like a book written for very young Girls with some cursing thrown in to make it adult.
Im Sorry I tried...Hard. I Really wanted to like this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Save the Queen.