Joanne's Reviews > Yield

Yield by Bryan K. Johnson

F 50x66
Jul 02, 2012

Read from July 02 to 22, 2012

Mostly I read romantic suspense novels and don’t usually read other genres. When I started to read this book, I had no preconceived notions on how good or not good it would be—but I wasn’t sure how I would enjoy reading an “end of days” novel. Let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised and if I can find other books in this genre, which are just as well-written, I may start reading them.

One thing that stood out to me as I read was that from the very first page, the author caught my attention and held it for the entire book. This book was very realistic in the story line and that was actually quite frightening. It related so well to current events and how things could go from bad to worse in one second that Bryan K. Johnson’s writing brought this scenario close to home. Anyone who reads this book will definitely be given pause for thought. As the horrific scenario of a potential third world war played out in the book, I clearly imagined myself, my family, friends, neighbors and everyone in our free world—potentially dealing with this real-world scenario in real life. When the traumatic events happened, it was interesting to see how the majority of the people in the book panicked and human decency vanished and it was every man for himself.

The book was well-written, with highly descriptive scenes, drawing the reader deeply into the dramatic story. Each action scene was believable and the characters were well-developed and pulled the reader into their lives—in such a way that by the end of the book, the reader can’t wait to find out what will happen to them next. The writing had just the right amount of details, yet not too technical to overwhelm the readers.

I highly recommend this book and am eagerly looking forward to reading Book Two in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yield.

Joanne My Book Review of Yield, Book One of the Armageddia Series by Bryan K. Johnson

Title: Yield
Author: Bryan K. Johnson
Publisher: Bedside Books
Length: 425 pages
Category: End of Days
Purchase Link: Purchase Link for Yield

Devin Bane is an ex-fire chief who said good-bye to his family one day as he headed out for an interview for a new job. He thought it was just another day and he’d see his family again and hopefully have a successful interview. He is unaware that on that fateful day his life and the lives of everyone in the country will never be the same again.

My Review:

My Rating (Yield): 5 Stars—Outstanding Fiction

(Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to post reviews with a rating below 3 Stars)

A gratis copy of this book was sent to this reviewer by the author / or publisher in exchange for an impartial evaluation.