Denise's Reviews > The Mummy of Monte Cristo

The Mummy of Monte Cristo by J. Trevor Robinson

bookshelves: arc, kindle

In The Mummy of Monte Cristo, J. Trevor Robinson has taken the classic French adventure novel and added a twist, supernatural creatures, zombies, vampires, a mummy and all sorts of other mythical creatures. From the first chapter, I knew this novel was going to be a special experience for me. In elementary school, I was selected to be part of a group of students, who were taught speed reading, something I use to this day. In speed reading, the reader does not read every written word, but picks out the key words. However, this story had me so enthralled, that I found myself reading every word to soak up the atmosphere and the action. A kraken, emerging from the deep to attack an incoming ship with its slimy tentacles, had me hooked!
This novel has all the human emotions in it. Love, hate, jealousy, loyalty, greed, envy and revenge, a type of Bildungsroman of a naive young man, who learns about human nature. Following the plot of the original, young Dante, our hero, is imprisoned unjustly, without knowing why, without even a trial. While in the infamous dungeon, he is befriended by a fellow prisoner, considered a mad banker, who tells of a vast treasure, which was hidden hundreds of years before, by an ancestor. They join forces to escape through a tunnel, however, the banker dies. Dante continues alone to escape and find the treasure. After investigating, what happened to those he loved and admired, he plots his revenge on his enemies.
As another reviewer posted, I too don't read this type of novel. However, this is one not too miss! You will not be disappointed.

To follow the book tour for this novel , click on the following link:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mummy of Monte Cristo.

Started Reading
October 15, 2020 – Shelved
October 15, 2020 – Shelved as: arc
October 15, 2020 – Shelved as: kindle
October 15, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Thanks so much Denise for you awesome review. I'm looking forward to having time to read it!

Denise Emma wrote: "Thanks so much Denise for you awesome review. I'm looking forward to having time to read it!
If your readers want to know more about it, they can check here: https://francebooktours.com/2020/07/28/..."

Emma, it pays to leave your "comfort zone". You can meet some great books and amazing authors. This is definitely one!

Denise Since the author lives relatively close to me, hopefully, when this virus is over, I will get the chance to meet him at a book signing or reading and get the chance to tell him in person, how much I enjoyed his book.

message 4: by David (new)

David Ebsworth Loved this review. It's now on my TBR list!

Denise Thank you. You will like it.