Lisa Rostocki's Reviews > Bride of New France

Bride of New France by Suzanne Desrochers

Jul 02, 2012

liked it
Read in July, 2012

I will not go into detail about what the book is about since that has already been discussed in many of the previous reviews. The author has taken a subject that could be at times very depressing to write about and turned it into something that is an enjoyable read. I am sure that in period that Laure grew up life was not easy and moving to a new world that was less developed even more difficult.

The book makes you realize that the women had to endure a lot of misfortune, hard work and probably not much happiness. It is almost a message to appreciate the moment that you are in. Learn to look for the happiness in life even when there seems there is none.

The book does not have a happy ending so I think that some readers will be disappointed if they are looking for something similar to a romance novel. The story of Laure's relationship with the Iroquois does not turn out like you would wish it to but is realistic. It is like reading about real life and sometimes real life is hard.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bride of New France.