Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

This was a pretty decent first book. I liked the humor and various references throughout. I'm not sure exactly how to feel about Atticus, yet, but he seems like an alright guy. Oberon is the best, though.

I think the main reason this series appeals to me is all of the mythology and fae popping up throughout. I love stuff like this.

I tried not to let some of the reviews I've seen about the way the female characters are depicted in this series. Most of them aren't very likable at all. I do like The Morrigan, though as she has a dark sense of humor. In a way, though, I am reminded of how all of the powerful members of the opposite sex tend to want to want to sleep with Atticus and how the guy is practically unbeatable. I was actually surprised when he had a little bit of trouble at the end, but that was due to a power drain caused by power that was not initially his own. I kind of hope that things go a bit more difficult for him in the future. He is a crafty guy, though. I have to give him that. He finds some handy ways to get himself out of danger. Though he got played by Brighid, Morrigan and Flidais pretty thoroughly.

I'll keep reading the series as really, the premise is interesting as hell. Maybe the female characters won't be quite so annoying in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

July 1, 2012 – Shelved
August 18, 2012 – Shelved as: august-december-reading-challenge
August 23, 2012 – Started Reading
August 24, 2012 –
2.0% ""A sword swished below my knees without so much as a "Have at thee!" Lmao"
August 24, 2012 –
2.0% "Faeries sure don't like Atticus very much."
August 24, 2012 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
August 24, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal
August 24, 2012 – Shelved as: druids
August 24, 2012 – Shelved as: magic
August 24, 2012 –
4.0% "Lol @ this convo he is having with The Morrigan."
August 24, 2012 –
5.0% "That sure sounds dire."
August 24, 2012 –
8.0% "So this is Oberon."
August 24, 2012 –
11.0% "Atticus just got laid."
August 24, 2012 –
15.0% "Lmao @ Oberon arguing with Flidais's stags"
16.0% "Oh damn!"
August 24, 2012 –
26.0% "I knew that's who she was having him make that tea to use again. How bitchy."
August 24, 2012 –
30.0% "He just killed dude right in the street. What if another neighbor had been looking out of a window?"
August 25, 2012 –
45.0% "These gods sure are making Atticus's life a mess."
August 25, 2012 –
48.0% "It seems the witches are liars."
August 25, 2012 –
65.0% "How dare Emily touch Oberon!"
August 25, 2012 – Finished Reading