Katy's Reviews > Smart Girls Get What They Want

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

SQUEEEEE!!!!! (That one's for you, Mitch. And you better not call my review "girly" because I'll throw it right back at you.)

This book was just what I needed - a cute, fun read that just leave you with a happy feeling. Yes, this book was cliche, and yes, it was totally predictable. But I liked the pacing of the book, and I thought Strohmeyer did a great job developing her characters and providing entertaining dialogue.

I love Gigi's personality. She had a sarcastic spunk to her, but not in an annoying way like how some authors try TOO hard to make their MCs witty. And Neerja and Bea are the perfect BFFs, and I like how they weren't written in as your typical "OMG" type of girls.

As for the guy, I can't say much because I don't want to give the story away. However, I will say I think I'm a sucker for cute, smart boys that makes the chase more fun with the "I like you so I'm going to tease you" type of banter.

Overall, a very delightful read that leaves you with a smile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smart Girls Get What They Want.

July 1, 2012 – Started Reading
July 1, 2012 – Shelved
July 1, 2012 –
0.0% "Awww, this book is making me miss my BFFs."
July 1, 2012 –
10.0% "Hmmm... I doubt it's going to work out, but I'm allowed to like Will right?"
July 1, 2012 –
30.0% "Awww… Will lets his little brother sleep with him. How cute is that?"
July 1, 2012 –
35.0% "Hmmm... I think Mike is rather charming."
July 1, 2012 –
43.0% "Yes, that's just what every girl wants to hear... Compare her to your girlfriend."
July 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani you're the best ;)

Katy MissKing wrote: "you're the best ;)"

You had me at "darling." :P

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani lol I do say that a lot come to think of it

message 4: by Dani (new)

Dani Katy wrote: "MissKing wrote: "you're the best ;)"

You had me at "darling." :P"

And you are to easy lol

Katy LOL! First you make me feel special by calling me "darling." Then you make me feel unspecial by saying you say it a lot. And now you call me easy. I may have to change my status to say I'm reading this for Mitch and not for you. :P

message 6: by Dani (new)

Dani Lol nonono i didnt mean i say it to everyone. Only that it is one of my endearments of choice now that i think abou it :P
and of course you are very special, darling

Katy I will not be easy... I will not be easy... I will not be easy... Ah damnit, I guess I AM easy. >_<

message 8: by Ain (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ain sounds tempting... I like cute book. Shall try to get my hands on this book and read it! Teehee

Katy Ain wrote: "sounds tempting... I like cute book. Shall try to get my hands on this book and read it! Teehee"

It's nothing totally mind-blowing or something that ultimately stands alone in it's class, but if you happen to have a chance to read it, it's cute. :) The "squee" was really more just for Mitch. :P

Mitch Yeah, I shouldn't have read this first and rated it a 4, and now it's too late and dishonest to take it back. Fine, squee away.

message 11: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mitch wrote: "Yeah, I shouldn't have read this first and rated it a 4, and now it's too late and dishonest to take it back. Fine, squee away."

Apparently, you missed the comment right above yours.

Mitch We need to work on your sarcasm detector again ...

message 13: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mitch wrote: "We need to work on your sarcasm detector again ..."

No, YOU do. I didn't "squee." That part was added in there to annoy you.

Mitch I know, my squee away comment was to annoy YOU. And it worked!

message 15: by Dani (new)

Dani silence kids. no more squeeing. let King read.

message 16: by Dani (new)

Dani 4 stars you too huh? well I need to get to this one soon

message 17: by Katy (last edited Jul 02, 2012 08:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy MissKing wrote: "silence kids. no more squeeing. let King read."

OMG! OMG! (view spoiler) is, like, SO swoon-worthy! He's super hot, smart, sweet, funny and, like, TOTALLY gets me!

MissKing wrote: "4 stars you too huh? well I need to get to this one soon"

LOL, yeah, 4 for me. Maybe 3 for you. I just needed a cute chick lit. It's fun, though I'm not sure Will and Mike will make you squee like Ryan Miller. Seriously, though, the squeeing is just to annoy Mitch.

message 18: by Dani (new)

Dani lol I'll get to it as soon as I can :)

Butterfly could you quit with that spoiler thing? and I love him too, if you mean brown eyes, lol

message 20: by Dani (new)

Dani I quit this book at about 30&. Couldn't get into it. what do you say Butterfly, should I give it another shot?

message 21: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy MissKing wrote: "I quit this book at about 30&. Couldn't get into it. what do you say Butterfly, should I give it another shot?"

I duno... You're more of a Ryan Miller girl right?

message 22: by Butterfly (last edited Jul 06, 2012 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Butterfly MissKing wrote: "I quit this book at about 30&. Couldn't get into it. what do you say Butterfly, should I give it another shot?"

give it another shot, I had my own little up and downs at the beginning but in the end you'll love it :)

message 23: by Dani (new)

Dani if u say so...... :P

Butterfly MissKing wrote: "if u say so...... :P"

yep, there was times I asked myself why I was wasting my time on this book, but it turned out quite good :P

message 25: by JPR™ (new)

JPR™ Did you just squee?? Are you becoming a tween again Katy cuz you sing songs by 1 Direction and you're now "squeeing" (if this is even a word) over a YA book.

message 26: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy The squeeing is for Mitch. I was squeeing on behalf of his sister. :P

message 27: by JPR™ (new)

JPR™ Katy wrote: "The squeeing is for Mitch. I was squeeing on behalf of his sister. :P"

Sure you were. :P

message 28: by Katy (last edited Jul 06, 2012 11:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy JPR wrote: "Sure you were. :P"

Fine, fine, you got me. I did squee for (view spoiler). And no, I don't think "squee" is a word. It's Mr. SAT's made-up word for the sound girls apparently make over a swoon-worthy guy.

Butterfly So since she never squeed over you JP, you're not swoon-worthy for her, lol :P Man you gotta do better than that !!!!

message 30: by JPR™ (new)

JPR™ Butterfly wrote: "So since she never squeed over you JP, you're not swoon-worthy for her, lol :P Man you gotta do better than that !!!!"

Maybe I should make a boy band then she might squee over me. :P

Butterfly JPR wrote: "Butterfly wrote: "So since she never squeed over you JP, you're not swoon-worthy for her, lol :P Man you gotta do better than that !!!!"

Maybe I should make a boy band then she might squee over me..."

then you better be good at singing or anything you need to be in a band, lol. Katy what do you think? Jp in a boy band?... LMAO

message 32: by Dani (new)

Dani Butterfly wrote: "JPR wrote: "Butterfly wrote: "So since she never squeed over you JP, you're not swoon-worthy for her, lol :P Man you gotta do better than that !!!!"

Maybe I should make a boy band then she might s..."

Omg jp in a boy band. I just had some good mental images lol

Butterfly Do I wanna know what you thought, king?

message 34: by Dani (new)

Dani not really no :P

message 35: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy WTH?!? How the heck did we get to JP in a boy band? Great, now I can't get that mental image out of my head.

Butterfly 1D, babe...since you've had their song in you're head for a week, he's hoping you'll have him stuck you're head, too

message 37: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy I'm in a fit of giggles because I'm picturing him dancing around singing. :P

Butterfly oh yeah, he wants you to squee over him too

message 39: by Lex (new)

Lex Katy wrote: "I'm in a fit of giggles because I'm picturing him dancing around singing. :P"

LMAO! I could picture it perfectly! :D Katy will surely squee over JP!

message 40: by Dani (new)

Dani Katy wrote: "I'm in a fit of giggles because I'm picturing him dancing around singing. :P"

All the girls screaming his name, throwing their panties at him lol

message 41: by Lex (new)

Lex MissKing wrote: "Katy wrote: "I'm in a fit of giggles because I'm picturing him dancing around singing. :P"

All the girls screaming his name, throwing their panties at him lol"

LMAO! I don't think I'll do that though. :D