Josh's Reviews > The Gray Wolf Throne

The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima

Jul 01, 2012

Read in July, 2012

I gotta say, I'm totally dedicated into this series. I went out to walk to my nearest book store in the muggy rain, getting soaked on my way there and back just to get the Gray Wolf Throne. There's no way I was gonna wait for the paperback for a month, so I blazed through this book in one day.

This book had me feeling a lot of emotions, some good (moments with Han and Raisa) and others bad (any scene with Raisa and another hungry dog hounding her). I finally found another character I hate as much as Micah, and his name is Nightwalker. I might even hate him even more if that's possible, he's constantly bashing on Han and Dancer while trying to act smooth towards Raisa. Which I guess this brings up my only complaint with this series, is that Raisa is swooing with so many boys. I understand that she's young and that's what most girls do, I just can't help but feel annoyed how she says that she loves Han/Amon and allows other boys to kiss her. Like Nightwalker for instance, even after she knows about his history that gave him his clan name.

But the biggest compliment I can give to this wondering series, is that this book had me gripping it from beginning to end. I went into this book in full interest and put the book down hungry for more. This book didn't end in a cliffhanger like the others, it left on a question that'll leave us wondering until the final installment. The tone was totally different where we first started on the first chapter, along with the characters.

It was nice seeing some subtle ground between Raisa and Amon, at least their parting ways in the middle with little wounded hearts. Now is the best time for Han to truly step in, and indeed he does. :)

at least in this book, Han and Raisa's events intertwine and they have more alone time. We get a chapter near the end of this book that's probably my favorite part of the book, a moment with Han and Raisa that completely sets up the summary for The Crimson Crown. I can't explain how excited I am for the final book, there's some subtle hints in this book that gives me strands of hope to hang on that tells me that it'll end on a happy ending. (Meaning, Han and Raisa together 100%)

The Crimson Crown, I'll be marking the date on my calendar and counting the days until I finally see the fates of my two favorite fantasy characters this summer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gray Wolf Throne.

08/11 marked as: read

Michael Hansen I hate Nightwalker more than that double crossing wizard.