RopeSwing Reads's Reviews > Second Chance on Cypress Lane

Second Chance on Cypress Lane by Reese Ryan

I felt the beach in this one. For me, many books that are set in a beach town don't often feel like it, but the author did a great job at prosing with phrases like "...beach waves bounced behind her." and "...taste of the warm, salty air..."

description

The premise...a scandal. The problem....a breakup. The solution...understanding. The result...destiny.

I loved that the book flowed and wasn't forced. The connection between Dakota and Dexter was still there after all that time. I also loved the BIG CITY to SMALL TOWN life storyline. Loved that Dexter didn't have to force his way back into Dakota's life, even though he desperately wanted to. From lemon meringue pie, gossip, fun and Sin (Sinclair-the long, lost bestie) there are so many things to adore about this story!

Returning home again is a favorite for me. I think coming back to ones roots at some point is something we all share. Not all of it is as heart-warming as this story, but it is all just as real. Chasing the big city and all the big city life things when you grew up in a small community can be glamourous and make you feel important, but at some point, whether through tragedy or scandal, you realize it can also be just as empty and fleeting. Love isn't.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance on Cypress Lane.

Finished Reading