Lisa's Reviews > More than Meets the Ink

More than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart

Jul 01, 2012

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** So, essentially this book was between a 3 and a 4 star read for me UNTIL the two main characters, Tate and James, had a huge blow out near the end of the book. At this point, I could not bring myself to forgive Tate and More than Meets the Ink fell flat on its face. Sorry, the stuff that came out of Tate's mouth was simply unforgivable to me. Grow up! Seriously! Further, the fact that James eventually forgave her (too easily in my opinion) just did not do it for me. Too many juvenile and hurtful words came out of her mouth.

More than Meets the Ink was a cute read. I loved James and completely fell for him right from the beginning. I loved his genuine character and he was simply a great guy. Tate I disliked for the better part of the book and, as I previously mentioned above, the last "fight" between her and James completely turned me off and I was no longer invested in their story.

That's it. Simple. Pretty good read. A horrible ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More than Meets the Ink.

July 1, 2012 – Started Reading
July 1, 2012 – Shelved
July 1, 2012 –
July 1, 2012 –
July 2, 2012 –
July 2, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Sanette (new)

Sanette Please Please Please read the SWEET series from Maya Banks. I think you would love it and I would love your opinion. :-)

Lisa I will definitely read that series Sanette. I love Maya Banks. :) I will hopefully get to it soon. I go through moods where I want romance books, then fantasy, then paranormal.... LOL I think we all do.

message 3: by Sanette (new)

Sanette Lisa wrote: "I will definitely read that series Sanette. I love Maya Banks. :) I will hopefully get to it soon. I go through moods where I want romance books, then fantasy, then paranormal.... LOL I think ..."

I totally agree! I go through the same moods :-)

♥Rachel♥ I think you'll like Heavy Issues more, Lisa. Sorry the ending grinded on you.

Lisa ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "I think you'll like Heavy Issues more, Lisa. Sorry the ending grinded on you."

Thanks Rachel. I actually just bought Heavy issues today. I think I'll like it more too. *crossing fingers*

message 6: by Dd (new)

Dd Great review Lisa!!:))

message 7: by Miss (new) - added it

Miss Fifi great and honest review, Lisa!

message 8: by Kandise (new)

Kandise Whew! I didn't like the synopsis and your review confirmed that this wouldn't be for me! Thanks!

Lisa Miss wrote: "great and honest review, Lisa!"

Thanks! :D

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Kandise wrote: "Whew! I didn't like the synopsis and your review confirmed that this wouldn't be for me! Thanks!"

I did not like this one, Kandise. However, book two was a 5 star read for me. I highly recommend that one. :D

Christine Lisa, I agree with you!!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review, hon!! xx

message 13: by Coco.V (new) - added it

Coco.V Excellent review, sweetheart! :)) xx

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Christine wrote: "Lisa, I agree with you!!
Tate's words were hurtful from the beginning, but those at the end were IT for me. Grow up!!!"

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Coco.V wrote: "Excellent review, sweetheart! :)) xx"

Jenny wrote: "Great review, hon!! xx"

Thanks! :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Great honest review Lisa. Sorry it was a bust.

message 17: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Alexis ♡ wrote: "Great honest review Lisa. Sorry it was a bust."

Thanks! :)

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Great review Lisa I was hoping this would be better.

message 19: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Deborah wrote: "Great review Lisa I was hoping this would be better."

The next book in the series is fantastic. :)

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Thanks Lisa can I just read that or do I have to read this first? Xx

message 21: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa I think you can read book two without reading this one. :)

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lisa wrote: "I think you can read book two without reading this one. :)"

Thanks Honey x

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Deborah wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I think you can read book two without reading this one. :)"

Thanks Honey x"

message 24: by Kj (new) - added it

Kj Great review! I will definitely be skipping this one. I just bad to dnf a book with a similar couple .

message 25: by Lisa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lisa Kj wrote: "Great review! I will definitely be skipping this one. I just bad to dnf a book with a similar couple ."

Yup. Not the book for me. :(