Lisa's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Jul 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-read, gr-ya-fantasy

I cheated. I promised myself I will finish The Book Thief first but I am so good at getting distracted.

So. The Mortal Instruments. The series I swear I won't touch. Here's the thing: I already tried to read this three times before, but I never made it past page 5 because I didn't like it. Not one bit. I find it hard to get into. Then I picked up The Infernal Devices, the prequel series to TMI, and surprisingly fell in love with them. That's alright. I still don't like TMI.

Last night I was bored, and I ended up opening this book again, and holy guacamole I cannot stop reading! Which is weird. It really is weird.

I already knew stuff about City of Bones before I read it(thank you, Tumblr), how Jace and Clary are siblings, and Alec is gay and all but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. I think it's because I knew stuff about Nephilim and Downworlders etc from reading TID.

Still, I think TID is better in terms of the writing. And yep, Jace reminds me too much of Will Herondale, except that Will has, I dunno, more class?

Will probably go onto the 2nd book. Look at me and my life choices.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

July 1, 2012 – Started Reading
July 1, 2012 – Shelved
July 1, 2012 –
page 67
13.81% "I dunno what I'm doing. I hate TMI. Why am I reading this. WHY AM I LIKING THIS"
July 2, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-read