Susan's Reviews > Power Play: Awakening

Power Play by Rachel Haimowitz

Jul 01, 2012

bookshelves: mm-read, z-2012
Read from July 19 to 20, 2012 — I own a copy

I started to warm up to Jonathan in this second book. It seemed as though he began to work with Brandon rather than trying to break him down to make him into something else. Both men realised they had made mistakes during the first few weeks of their arrangement and both came back with a desire to try harder this time. The journey is still incredibly difficult for Brandon and every tiny step he took along the path to discovering himself was a hard-won victory. This time it felt like Jonathan was supporting him all the way and watching the feelings develop between the two men was beautiful. The end came too quick for me and I would love to get the chance to go back and visit this couple again and they continue to work on their relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Play.

Virginia This is a tough book but necessary to set up the perfection of book 2. Have the second book ready to read right after this one. Best that way.

Susan I have both books ready and waiting. Now I just have to pluck up my courage!

Virginia Oops, the first book is the tough one. This book is perfection. Thought I was commenting on the first book.

Susan So if I make it through the first book, it's all good from there?

Virginia Yup!