Julie 's Reviews > Second Chance on Cypress Lane

Second Chance on Cypress Lane by Reese Ryan

bookshelves: 2021, contemporary-romance, e-book, netgalley

Second Chance on Cypress Lane by Ryan Reese is a 2020 Forever publication.

Wonderful, light-hearted romance!

Dakota Jones returns home to Holly Grove Island after her big dreams of becoming a news anchor comes to an abrupt halt. With her reputation in tatters, Dakota is reluctant to expound on the reasons behind her sudden return.

Despite that, Dakota is happy to spend some time with her father, and to touch base with her best friend again. On the other hand, she's absolutely dreading the inevitable run in with Dexter, the man who once broke her heart, the man she’s never really gotten over. When the two finally do meet again, it is as Dakota feared- she's just as attracted to Dexter now as she was all those years ago...

With Dakota back in town, Dexter hopes he can convince her to at least forgive him for the way he ended things between them. It would be even better if he could convince her that he still loves her. Unfortunately, Dakota has made it clear she’s not interested in anything beyond friendship and that her stay on Holly Grove Island is only temporary.

Can Dexter change her mind?

To my knowledge, I have not read anything by Reese Ryan before now. Reading the first book in her new series, feels like a great place to start.

The author did a good job of setting the scene, balancing the introduction of the characters with the romance, and created some great chemistry between Dexter and Dakota. I loved the tension between these two, and of course, most people know I’m a sucker for second chance romances. There is a little angst, with some surprising developments and revelations, but nothing too emotionally taxing, which just happened to be what I was in the mood for.

Overall, this a is a wonderful, light and easy love story, and a solid start to a new series-perfect for the beach or poolside this summer!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance on Cypress Lane.

October 10, 2020 – Shelved
October 10, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
November 22, 2020 – Started Reading
May 19, 2021 – Shelved as: 2021
May 19, 2021 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
May 19, 2021 – Shelved as: e-book
May 19, 2021 – Shelved as: netgalley
May 19, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by JanB (new)

JanB This sounds like a sweet uplifting read. Great review Julie!

Kat (Books are Comfort Food) Sounds like a nice, light-hearted read. Glad you enjoyed it Julie. ❤️

message 3: by Yun (new)

Yun Sounds sweet! So glad you enjoyed, Julie! Fab review! :)

Julie JanB wrote: "This sounds like a sweet uplifting read. Great review Julie!"

Thanks so much, Jan!! A lovely story! 💖

Julie Kat (Books are Comfort Food) wrote: "Sounds like a nice, light-hearted read. Glad you enjoyed it Julie. ❤️"

Thanks so much, Kat!! It was very enjoyable! 💖

Julie Yun wrote: "Sounds sweet! So glad you enjoyed, Julie! Fab review! :)"

Thanks so much, Yun!! 💖

message 7: by Elena (last edited May 19, 2021 12:26PM) (new) - added it

Elena I love second-chance romance! Books with covers like these always bring summer vibes to me, so this sounds sweet and a perfect read for a time like summer. Glad to see you enjoyed it, Julie! Amazing review! 💗 You've convinced me to add this to my tbr.

Julie Elena wrote: "I love second-chance romance! Books with covers like these always bring summer vibes to me, so this sounds sweet and a perfect read for a time like summer. Glad to see you enjoyed it, Julie! Amazin..."

Thanks so much, Elena!! The cover brought summer to mind for me too! It's a lovely story! 🌞💖

message 9: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy W. Gorgeous cover! Nice to know the book lives up to it's cover, thanks for the review.

Julie Wendy wrote: "Gorgeous cover! Nice to know the book lives up to it's cover, thanks for the review."

Thanks so much, Wendy!! I love the cover art too! 💖

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader This sounds so sweet and refreshing, Julie! Love your review!

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina So glad this was a good one! A nice and delightful review Julie ☀️

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "This sounds so sweet and refreshing, Julie! Love your review!"

Thank you very much, Jennifer!! 💖

Julie Tina wrote: "So glad this was a good one! A nice and delightful review Julie ☀️"

Thank you so much, Tina!! 💖

message 15: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver This sounds like a nice escape read. Wonderful review, Julie!

message 16: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!

message 17: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Sounds like a nice easy read Julie, lovely review ♥️

Julie Kimber wrote: "This sounds like a nice escape read. Wonderful review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Kimber!! It is- a lovely way to spend an afternoon! 💖

Julie Deanna wrote: "Great review!!"

Thanks so much, Deanna!! 💖

Julie Maureen wrote: "Sounds like a nice easy read Julie, lovely review ♥️"

Thanks very much, Maureen!! 💖

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen Wonderful review, Julie!

Julie Jen wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie!"

Thanks so much, Jen!! 💖

message 23: by Kat (new)

Kat Lovely review, Julie! It sounds so sweet!

Julie Kat wrote: "Lovely review, Julie! It sounds so sweet!"

Thanks so much, Kat!! 💖

message 25: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Lighthearted is becoming necessary these days! Great review Julie 💖

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Lovely review Julie! Love the cover.