Kate's Reviews > A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 1

A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 1 by Miyoshi Toumori

Jun 30, 2012

bookshelves: manga-total-volumes, 8-a-devil-and-her-love-song
Read in June, 2012

I can see why this series has been getting consistently good reviews. This is a very good story. A Devil and Her Love Song is about Maria Kawai, a very perceptive and frank girl who manages to make people feel very uncomfortable with her cutting remarks and observations. The story starts with Maria's first day at a new school after having been kicked out of her former elite school. She rubs her new classmates the wrong way, which soon leads to an onslaught of nasty bullying. There are two boys who have taken an interest in Maria, however, and while this might sound like a typical cliche love triangle about to form, it is anything but as we learn that these two guys have their own flaws and problems.

I am really enjoying the character development in the first two volumes of this series. I like how imperfect these characters are, and yet I feel hopeful that they will overcome their problems and learn to love themselves. I think I will start collecting this series once I get my husband's take (I'm actually quite curious to see if he will like this story or not!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 1.