Between the Bind's Reviews > Viper's Creed

Viper's Creed by T.L. Shreffler

4.5 Stars from Between the Bind.

This book begins a year after Sora's quest has ended. Sora's been busy learning and growing...but thoughts of her friends on the road are a constant reminder of what she lost - and may never have again.

More importantly, while Sora is learning the art of healing, she comes across a disease ridden with dark magic - one that can only be removed by her Cat's Eye. Further news has been spread that this plague is overtaking the land swiftly, wiping out entire villages. And this is what starts Sora's second journey.

Without going into too many details, Sora finds herself again on the road with Crash, Burn, and a new companion...who I just don't trust yet. Battling magic, bandits, and at times each other, they grow and we are able to really uncover more about each of them.

We are also introduced to a multitude of new mythical factions that I just LOVE! Great histories, unique ideas and magical attributes, definitely a joy to uncover. We're not talking vampires and werewolves people! (Although, I adore those guys too)...

I loved the inner-workings of this novel. Every page is written with purpose and each discovery adds richness, depth, and growth to the characters and their journey. I love the way that Shreffler builds her world. I can still picture the cities that the group stumbles through, the smells, the people, the buildings, just brillant.

Finally, the romance between Crash and Sora is almost tangible. I am really hoping for something big to happen in the final installment of The Cat's Eye Chronicles: Volcrian's Hunt coming out in 2013.

This is definitely an epic adventure told in three parts. Each one is broken up at a point that makes sense however it's so addicting that not having the complete resolution to the series is KILLING ME! ;) I cannot wait to get my hands on the final book and know where all of this wonderousness is leading - and goodness knows there are going to be some major twists along the way.

**Would you like to read an excerpt from Viper's Creed? Head on over to the Viper's Creed Blog Tour HERE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viper's Creed.

June 30, 2012 – Shelved