Natalie's Reviews > By The River

By The River by Katey Hawthorne

Jun 30, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal

This was so, so beautiful: a perfect little tale of a man who moves back to his hometown and falls head over heels in love with a bewitching swimmer. I loved how this seemingly simple story flirted with mythology and folklore. The writing is great, and one of my very favorite things about this author is the way she combines the ordinary with the magical. By the end, my eyes were prickling with tears, and I think I held my breath for the last few pages. Well worth a read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By The River.

message 1: by Vio (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vio How is it so far Natalie?

Natalie I only got through a few pages before falling asleep! (It's not the book's fault, though. I had a really long day.) I'll pick it back up after work. :)

message 3: by Vio (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vio Natalie wrote: "I only got through a few pages before falling asleep! (It's not the book's fault, though. I had a really long day.) I'll pick it back up after work. :)"

Thanks Natalie, I hope you have a better one today!

Mandy*reads obsessively* Can't wait to hear what you think of this one! I got it yesterday, but I want to hear something good about it before I start it! :)

Natalie Have no fear, Mandy! I'm about 25% in, and it's good. I really love the way Katey writes.

message 6: by Vio (new) - rated it 3 stars