Damali's Reviews > First Shift: Legacy

First Shift by Hugh Howey

Jun 30, 2012

bookshelves: dystopian-pa-zombies, submerged-buried

This was a nail-biter. It's like you're shivering because you know there's a hungry monster waiting under your bed for you to stick an arm or a leg out for it to eat, but you figure if you don't move or make noise until morning, it'll go away. But the next night, it starts all over again.

This was set before Wool Omnibus Edition
Each chapter went back and forth from pre-post apocalyse, to just before the events in Wool happened, then it met up where the Omnibus edition ended. So I expect the next installment will get back to the present...or future.

Donald is a newly-elected official working in Washington, D.C. who's been hired to work on a top secret project. He's only allowed to see the area he's working on, and not the project as a whole.

In the year 2100, Troy lives in a silo, and he's apparently in charge of the place, but every once in awhile, he gets the feeling he's forgetting something important -- a vital piece to the puzzle that's just on the tip of his tongue...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Shift.

June 30, 2012 – Shelved
July 4, 2012 – Started Reading
July 4, 2012 – Shelved as: dystopian-pa-zombies
July 4, 2012 –
0.0% "time to see how this "upside down" world got started! I'm afraid! Very afraid!"
page 2
page 40
July 7, 2012 –
page 180
July 7, 2012 –
page 238
July 7, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 3, 2015 – Shelved as: submerged-buried

Annemarie is it me?? or I can't find this for my Nook? :/ is it Kindle only? ugh

Annemarie seriously...I kept looking for wool #6...I know...im slow like that :)

Damali Lol!