Denna's Reviews > The Trafficking Murders

The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Read 2 times. Last read October 2, 2020 to October 3, 2020.

The Trafficking Murders by Brian O’Hare is one of the best crime thrillers I’ve read in years. He managed to grab my attention right from the start and didn’t let go until I reached the end. I think I might have even held my breath through a few scenes. Trust me, you’ll be biting your nails too, and even shedding a few tears, as you follow not only Chief Inspector Sheehan and his crew in the story, but the trafficked victims as well. These characters became real in my mind, I cared about them, and I had to keep turning the pages to see what would happen to them.

As usual, police procedure was spot on, allowing me to try to guess who might be behind this mysterious Shadow as we followed along. The clues are there, but you need to be on your toes if you want a chance to put everything together.

I have always enjoyed Brian’s crime thrillers, but there was an emotional element to this one that really had a profound effect on me. Maybe it’s because it touches so close to home for a lot of us. Human traffickers are monsters. They exist. And none of us, or our kids and grandkids, are truly safe from them. Kudos to Brian O’Hare for writing an awesome story. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trafficking Murders.

Finished Reading