Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)'s Reviews > Poughkeepsie

Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

2080218
Jun 29, 2012

Read from June 29 to September 09, 2012

I was so excited when Debra Anastasia contacted me, asking if I could read and review Poughkeepsie. After reading the synopsis and seeing all the wonderful review, I knew that this would be a book I would like. What I didn’t know is that this book would grab me and make me feel so deeply. That I would ending up crying for these characters and rejoicing when happiness finally touched them.

Each of the characters in Poughkeepsie has a tragic, heartbreaking past. Anywhere from a parent leaving them to abuse that they dealt with as children, we see how real families can be form and lives take such different paths in this world.

Blake and Livia are two completely different people, living very different lives. Yet through smiles, friendship and then love we are able to see how amazing it is to find that right someone.

Let me warn you that is not a YA book. Poughkeepsie has language, violence and adult situations. It also has one of the most emotionally moving plots and such deep, tragically beautiful characters that will stay with you for some time. This is not a book you will ever regret reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poughkeepsie.