Brenda (b)'s Reviews > The Broken H

The Broken H by J.L. Langley

Oct 20, 2008

bookshelves: zzz2-read-2008, m-m-romance, 21-re-read, 1-pdf-html-misc-ebook, zzz2-read-2009, 0-collection, contemporary, western, zz82-usa
Read in April, 2009

A great story. Neither Grayson nor Shane denied who they were or that they loved each other. It's basically a slice of life story that centers on them settling into their new relationship.

4-6-09 I re-read this and enjoyed it as much as before. Gray and Shane are so good together and they deserve all the happiness they found together. And Gray's little "fetishes" about Shane's hair and glasses were still amusing too.
I also read the deleted scenes that can be were available and while they're not vital to the story, 2 of them provide more conjecture for a future story about John.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Broken H.

Jack Thanks for the heads up on the deleted scenes, Brenda!
I loved this book, too! Hated for it to end, but I am hoping that she'll continue this series soon.
Informative review, THANKS!

Jack I just read the deleted scenes...I hope she DOES follow up with John's story. I liked him, plus that would really get his old man's crawl...lol

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess I will have to check them out myself one of these days. I have mixed feelings about having a story for John.

Daisiemae I think that John having a Gay for you storyline would be pretty great. I loved John, while I read The Tin Star, I thought he might be Bi-curious at times, did y'all?

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 08, 2009 11:14AM) (new)

No, actually I didn't, which is why I have mixed feelings about a book about him. I liked him. But to me he never seemed gay and so I would have a little trouble swallowing the story. But as I love J.L.'s books, I'd read it anyway, of course. LOL

As much as we'd all like to think every guy in every story we read is a potential hero in a m/m romance it isn't very realistic. Funny story, back when I first read Without Reservations, I sent a fan mail to J.L. asking her to do a gay for you story for Aubrey because he fascinated me. J.L. kindly responded that Aubrey was unfortunately straight, LOL. I'm still hoping though :)

Brenda (b) Oh Shawn... I think she changed her mind about Aubrey. Actually, I don't know if it's a gay for you story, but she said he and Matt are in the book she's writing in the With/Without series.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Really???? Brenda I hope that's true. When she first sent me the note she said he was straight although she COULD possibly see him as bisexual but the way she worded it had me thinking menage so I didn't push it, LOL. But that would be AWESOME if Aubrey would be one half of a m/m couple. Now liste to me. I am contradiciting myself as usual!