preppea's Reviews > The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window

The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

bookshelves: mature-ya, zz-reviewed

I debated on the number of stars for this book for a LONG time... If I rate it based solely on the way it made me feel - it was a 5 stars LOVED it read. I loved Liam, I am mad that I never had my own boy who snuck in my window, and I was so emotionally tied to the characters and the story.

BUT - I had SO many complaints with the writing - repetitive phrases/words, swapping tenses, mispelled words, disconnects in minor details, and unbelievable minor characters that I feel it wouldn't be honest to give it a perfect 5 star rating... (The random pushy guys that Amber encounters in the beginning of the story felt forced. The complete absence of Amber's mom especially given what had happened in the kids' pasts - felt convenient... And the way the girls in Amber's high school talked/acted towards Liam and Jake - especially Kate who had a funny knack for saying things that were cringe-worthy when she was supposed to be flirty, REALLY???)

That being said, I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this book - the story is so powerful that I saw all these horrendous editing issues and STILL couldn't put the book down! I fell in love, I cried, I was completely caught up in The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window.

June 28, 2012 – Shelved