Joseph Carrabis's Reviews > Paris Escapade

Paris Escapade by Ted Myers

Myers's opening line - "Even before we got on the plane, I was planning my getaway." - defines this amazing novel. We know the viewpoint (1st person), the theme (v Self), the setting (modern...ish. A plane is mentioned), and the mood (the passive voice shows disdain, contempt).
That one line is the entire opening paragraph. The second paragraph gives you all the backstory you need and the third (and still on the first page) provides a delicious overdose of the character. I write "delicious overdose" because it's completely over the top and so in the narrator's tone, voice, and style that I laughed out loud (and this character read the same books I did? Wow!).
And the best part? Pay attention to that third paragraph and you have the entire, wonderful novel laid out for you.
Go for it!
(and fwiw, I found much of this book to be a future anthropologist's/archaeologist's goldmine, literally a guidebook to a time and place I remember well and nostalgically (much like Terry Melia's Tales from the Greenhills )
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paris Escapade.

Finished Reading
September 30, 2020 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Ted (new) - added it

Ted Myers Thanks, Joseph! So glad you liked it. Official publication date is Dec. 17, 2020, but it's available for preorder now.

Joseph Carrabis Ted wrote: "Thanks, Joseph! So glad you liked it. Official publication date is Dec. 17, 2020, but it's available for preorder now."

What's the preorder link?

message 3: by Ted (new) - added it

Ted Myers Glad you asked! Order now thru Dec. 17 from the publisher https://www.blackrosewriting.com/lite...
and get a 15% discount using the code PREORDER2020.