Babs's Reviews > Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming

Case File by Paula Graves

1970552
Jun 28, 2012

bookshelves: romance, suspense, thrillers, western
Read in June, 2012

Hannah is on her way to see the national parks in Wyoming for a few days after doing some fishing. A cop pulls her over, but Hannah knows she was not speeding. As she gets her papers together to show the officer what he needs is sprayed in the face with pepper spray. She is lucky to get away, but fears for her life when a nice looking cowboy cop, Riley, comes to talk to her. Hannah finds out that this person has killed Riley’s wife 3 years ago. She is the only one who has survived this man. He needs her help to find this killer before he kills again.
Riley is a broken mad since his wife has passed way by the killer. He has closed himself off to almost everyone. When he takes in Hannah to protect her she hits a cord in his heart, but is he ready to let go of the past and move on?
The story was great. I read this in one sitting as I could not put down the book. Faced paced read with a few surprising turns. I enjoyed the characters especially Riley’s brother-in-law Jack. He brings in some humor to the story. The setting was right as the author made you feel you were part of the story.
An easy fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Case File.