Julie 's Reviews > Too Good to Be True

Too Good to Be True by Carola Lovering

bookshelves: 2020

Too Good to be True by Carola Lovering is a 2021 St. Martin’s Press publication.

Wickedly good!

This is one of those books that falls into ‘the less you say, the less you know, the better’ category- so to that end-all I’m going to say is:

This is one clever little mind-trip- highly absorbing, and wildly entertaining. If you like getting sucked so completely into a story that you lose track of time, this might be one you want to consider.

There is no agenda- no messages- no sermons, just a good, original, well-plotted thriller with one amazing twist that completely took me by surprise!!

I got a little more than I was expecting from this one! I will definitely read this author again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.

September 28, 2020 – Started Reading
September 28, 2020 – Shelved
September 28, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020
January 5, 2021 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Julie, sounds like an entertaining read ♥️

Julie Maureen wrote: "Great review Julie, sounds like an entertaining read ♥️"

Thank you very much, Maureen!! 💖

message 3: by Ceecee (new) - added it

Ceecee Sound like one for me! Great review Julie 💝

Julie Ceecee wrote: "Sound like one for me! Great review Julie 💝"

Thank you very much, Ceecee!! YES! I think you would love this one! 💖

Meredith ( on Semi-Hiatus until February) Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you had fun with this one too!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you had fun with this one too!"

Thank you very much, Meredith!! 💖

Michelle I enjoyed this one very much too. Her debut Tell Me Lies is a favorite of mine though the two books are wildly different from one another. Wonderful review, Julie! 💗

Julie Michelle wrote: "I enjoyed this one very much too. Her debut Tell Me Lies is a favorite of mine though the two books are wildly different from one another. Wonderful review, Julie! 💗"

Thank you very much, Michelle!! I'll have to check out her debut novel!! 💖

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Oooh, this one is intriguing! I will check it out! Awesome review, as usual!

Julie Amy wrote: "Oooh, this one is intriguing! I will check it out! Awesome review, as usual!"

Thank you very much, Amy!! Happy reading!! Enjoy! 💖

Books Just 4 Me Ooh! Your review definitely has me curious! I’ll have to check it out 🤗

Julie Books Just 4 Me wrote: "Ooh! Your review definitely has me curious! I’ll have to check it out 🤗"

Thank you BK4M!! Yes! I think you might like this one! 💖

message 13: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Julie, terrific as always. Your review makes me wish I read this genre :)

message 14: by JanB (new)

JanB Yes, I do like those things! I’ll definitely be taking a closer look into this one. Thanks Julie, your review is perfect :)

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Love your review, Julie. Looks like a winner of a book.

Julie Angela M wrote: "Julie, terrific as always. Your review makes me wish I read this genre :)"

Thank you very much, Angela!! 💖

Julie JanB wrote: "Yes, I do like those things! I’ll definitely be taking a closer look into this one. Thanks Julie, your review is perfect :)"

Thank you very much, Jan!! This one is very tame- pure fun! 💖

Julie Marialyce wrote: "Love your review, Julie. Looks like a winner of a book."

Thanks so much, dear Marialyce!! 💖

Saylor I agree, definitely better the less you know going in!

Laur (hiatus) You had me at wickedly good, girl! Awesome review, Julie!! I am so adding this TBR 💖

Julie Saylor wrote: "I agree, definitely better the less you know going in!"

Yes- I'm glad I went in totally blind and hope other readers will too! 💖

Julie Laur wrote: "You had me at wickedly good, girl! Awesome review, Julie!! I am so adding this TBR 💖"

Thank you very much, Laur!! Escapist, low on on violence- but very suspenseful! Enjoy! Happy reading! 💖

message 23: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Montalvo great review - can't wait to read.

Julie Margaret wrote: "great review - can't wait to read."

Thanks so much, Margaret!! Happy reading!! 💖

Sherri Thacker I’m loving it and can’t put it down. Do I really have to cook dinner and feed everyone tonight? 😂

Julie Sherri wrote: "I’m loving it and can’t put it down. Do I really have to cook dinner and feed everyone tonight? 😂"

LOL! Right? Glad you enjoying this one! 💖

message 27: by Fran (new)

Fran Julie...wickedly good is an awesome recommendation! Great review!💕

Julie Fran wrote: "Julie...wickedly good is an awesome recommendation! Great review!💕"

Thank you very much, Fran!! 💖

message 29: by Karen (new)

Karen Terrific review Julie!

message 30: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Terrific review, Julie! Glad it hit the Mark.

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Intriguing review Julie!!

Julie Karen wrote: "Terrific review Julie!"

Many thanks, Karen!! 💖

Julie Antoinette wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! Glad it hit the Mark."

Thanks so much, Antoinette!! 💖

Julie Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Intriguing review Julie!!"

Thank you very much, Lindsay!! 💖

Julie Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill wrote: "Great review Julie!"

Thanks so much, Kim!! 💖

Susan's Reviews Oh, thank goodness you liked this one. I put in an ARC request for this one because of your endorsement. As soon as I saw the bolded WICKEDLY GOOD! from you, I scooted over to NetGalley right away! Stay well, Julie!

Julie Susan's Reviews wrote: "Oh, thank goodness you liked this one. I put in an ARC request for this one because of your endorsement. As soon as I saw the bolded WICKEDLY GOOD! from you, I scooted over to NetGalley right away!..."

Thanks so much, Susan!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Take care and stay safe!! 💖