Librarian Judith's Reviews > Lost and Found

Lost and Found by Maggie Clare

19893934

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, suspense

I've always been a fan of romances when the H/h have a past together--in this case, an unrequited crush. Their past makes for an interesting dynamic as they need to recreate their relationship and not just create one. When written well, and this book was, it makes for a wonderful read.

I haven't read the rest of this series and didn't feel lost. It stands alone nicely, except the feeling that there were little things I probably missed that would have made this a richer experience if I'd read the others. I hope that makes sense!

The characters were interesting and well created, unique (even the secondary ones) and folks I learned to care about. The romance is hawt (!) and not a lot is left to the imagination, so if you're not a fan of sex scenes, be warned--they are here. Yes, they are descriptive, but they are well and tastefully written.

Cam's team is so awesome to read about. They're solid and they're friends and they have each other's backs. Clearly, I need to check out the rest of the series to get to meet them all in depth, one-by-one.

Overall a solid entry in the romantic suspense category--it skimped on neither thing, so I got my fill of the suspense AND the romance which isn't always an easy line to walk. The author did a wonderful job with the book and, short a couple things that stretched my ability to believe they could happen as they did (not saying what--no spoilers here), it ticked all the boxes. A solid 4 star book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost and Found.

Started Reading