Carolann's Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Jun 26, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: reviewed-by-carolann-dematos
Read from July 26 to 27, 2012

First, I have the utmost respect for creativity. I myself am a creative. I know how hard it is to create something, to pull something from your heart and then throw it out into the world – garnering either applause or criticism.

Second, I have the utmost respect for the person who can sit down and create a story and a character and an existence out of nothing. It takes a lot of motivation and time and much more focus than I have ever been able to muster.

Third, I do not normally write negative reviews on this blog. If I don’t like a book I just don’t talk about it. Like my mother – and I am sure every mother in America say, ‘If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.’ However, since this is a salon in which I really do want to garner debate and share ideals, I have decided to break the quiet and tell the truth.

I hated this book. I hated it. I read it to the very last page because I wanted to know what would happen, but as I read each page getting closer and closer to the end, I hated it a little more. Until, finally, I was completed, I dropped it on the floor and I exclaimed, ‘Yep, hated that.’

All in all the book was well-written grammatically and well-edited. It was a different yet interesting story, just not the sort of story I tend to enjoy. To tell the truth, if the book jacket summary was more accurate about the actual plot I would not have read this book at all. I feel as though the book jacket was selling a story, and then wham, bam the author is actually writing something else entirely. Maybe I should have done more research on the tale before reading it, but I was so taken in by the glorious cover art (pictured on right) that I just dived right in – much to my later chagrin. Read More

Explore Carolann's entire bookshelf at Her Literary Salon
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.

Quotes Carolann Liked

Liza Klaussmann
“I could get drunk just smelling you,' he whispered in her ear. 'You always smell like home.”
Liza Klaussmann, Tigers in Red Weather

Liza Klaussmann
“No, everything was new now, just waiting to be discovered. And she would ... She was hungry for it, she would stuff the whole world into her mouth and bite down.”
Liza Klaussmann, Tigers in Red Weather