Tari's Reviews > Murder in Connemara

Murder in Connemara by Carlene O'Connor

bookshelves: 2020-print-book, pb-arc-from-publisher

I think I enjoyed this book even more than the first one. I loved the settings of the two castles and just the whole description of Ireland itself. Being an armchair traveler, I feel like I got a nice vacation in without all the fuss and bother. This author always has a nice assortment of characters, some likable and some not so much.

There were all kinds of suspects to pick from while the body count kept rising. Tara hadn't really expected to run into a murder when she was trying to get ready for her shop's grand opening, but things worked out for her in the long run. Even DS Gable asked for her help this time around. Danny wasn't happy about it, but they still ended up in a good place. I didn't realize who the killer was until right before Tara figured it out. There was a good showdown and escape scene along with the killer getting outed. I liked how everything was wrapped up and explained if not along the way, it was explained at the end. I'll be anxious to read the next book that comes along. I'll have to read in the author's other series in the meantime.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC paperback of this book provided by Kensington Publishing, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in Connemara.

September 22, 2020 – Started Reading