Mary Drover's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: favorites, high-fantasy

First, that is the cheesiest summary in the entire world. This book, guys–this book took me almost as long as the first one did. It has been, at times, incredibly painful to read–Cersei, Asha, Aero, Arys, Arianne–and incredibly enjoyable–Arya, Samwell, Brienne, Jamie, Sansa, Aeron, Victarion. I shall explain. Once, one of my best friends told me I was going to fall in love with Jamie during ACOK, and I disagreed vehemently until, suddenly, I was in love with Jamie. He told me the same about Cersei and AFFC. He was so very, very wrong. Her chapters only gave me cause to despise her more, and I hope she’s the first to get burned by the dragons. That said, I did really enjoy learning about what was happening in King’s Landing, and every scene with Margaery was a joy. I only wish we could have read things through her point of view. I hate all Greyjoys–with the exception of three now, it seems–and Asha is as irritating as Theon is, though I certainly hate Theon a lot more. After Oberyn’s death, I was really, really hoping we might see things through Doran’s eyes, and I was so excited to be in Dorne, and then I get these boring people. Dorne was excellent, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t really care for the characters, with the exception of Doran and Myrcella, and actually, Darkstar. I’m still wondering about him. Moving on, Arya and Sansa’s chapters were so amazing, especially watching them transform into these different people, though I was constantly pulling my hair out, especially when Cat meets Sam and whenever Alayne is with Baelish. Arya’s training is just so fantastic to learn about, and I’m really sad to be leaving her behind in ADWD. I just love Samwell Tarly to pieces, I want to hug him constantly, and Brienne! I’m so worried about her and Podrick. Jamie has fast become one of my favorite characters, and his development is beautiful to watch. I’m so happy with how his last chapter in AFFC went. And then there were the Greyjoys. I knew I liked Aeron, from the very first page of his chapter, and I tried to promise myself he would be the only one, but then we met Victarion, and I was falling for him, and, I’ll be honest, I like Euron in a weird way. He’s just such a badass, and I’m curious about him. Overall, this book took me way too long to get through, but my main interest lies in the north, and so it was kind of a drag getting through everything about the south. I certainly feel like ADWD will take me no time at all, though I’ve spoiled quite a few things, and I’m afraid. HERE I COME, JON SNOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

May 1, 2012 – Started Reading