Mary Drover's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: high-fantasy

I loved every second of this book. It took me a long time to like Sansa in the first book, though I did ultimately, and then, damn girl. She really was amazing. I was upset by Stannis’ loss in the battle against King’s Landing; I love Tyrion, but Stannis is my favorite Baratheon, despite being an idjit and working with Melisandre. Because gods, she’s a creep, and I just can’t stand her. I really enjoyed the different point of views, as I did in A Game of Thrones, as well. Having Davos, Catelyn, and Tyrion speak instead of Stannis, Robb, and Joffrey/Cersei is just something I really appreciated, and I really adored Robb, but I love hearing Cat’s voice. Theon made me want to pull my hair out. I was furious with him, at every turn. Daenerys and Jon still remain my favorites, and I’ll admit, I kind of fell in love with Qhorin. I may have shed a few tears at his death, though I’m super interested to see where all this takes Jon now, as long as Ghost remains by his side. Those two are my absolutely favorites ever, I just want to give them millions of hugs. Who else is there? Arya’s story is another I really enjoy. Her and Bran; I always look forward to what’s going on in their chapters, especially now that Bran’s stopped whining (plus, Summer is wonderful). Sandor Clegane. It’s such a weird age gap, but I love the fact that he has some–thing for Sansa, I don’t even know. It’s kind of heartbreakingly adorable. I hope Joffrey dies, and soon. And now I embark upon A Storm of Swords, and I am greatly disappointed with the fact that there are Jaime chapters, SIGH.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

Started Reading