Lisa Kay's Reviews > River Marked

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

[image error]

★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) This sixth installment of Mercy Thompson’s series is very well narrated by Lorelei King. Ms. King certainly has cemented her voice as Mercy’s in my brain and she delivers nicely for this first person narrative. Love her Italian accent for Stefan (a vampire), who features in the opening scenes of this volume. It has kind of a “I want to drink your blood…” cadence to it, but Ms. King totally gets away with it.

Nevertheless, without giving away spoilers, this one is mainly about Adam and Mercy. We get to peer into a different, sweet, romantically intimate side of their relationship as they get even closer. They end up camping in the Columbia River Gorge area and eventually battling evil; (view spoiler). Mercy also gets some answers about her Native American Indian father she never knew.

This one is a little different; no mechanic’s shop, very little pack interaction. (Thanks goodness Jesse made a phone call to complain to her father about Darryl.) And the pace seemed slower to me, too, though Ms. Briggs always has a nice way of setting future scenes up without me even knowing it. So, it is a given that it must be read, if you’re planning on continuing this wonderful Urban Fantasy series that has a touch more romance this time around.

Anyone who has researched Patricia Briggs knows that she was strongly influenced by magic and fairy tales. This one is loaded with them, most of them Indian legends, and they are pretty neat.

Stonehenge Memorial at Maryhill, Washington

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Bone Crossed A Mercy Thompson Novel by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Frost Burned (Mercedes Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs<--February, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Marked.

11/05/2016 marked as: read

Mary I need to read this! I read the first five in a matter of weeks recently and then took a break from the series, but I've been meaning to get to this one. I keep putting it off, I think, because I don't want to have to wait so long for book seven, hehe.

Lisa Kay I can't blame you there, Mary. Are you reading her Alpha & Omega series, too?

message 3: by Baba (new)

Baba  Beautiful pics and great review, Lisa Kay!

Mary Lisa Kay wrote: "I can't blame you there, Mary. Are you reading her Alpha & Omega series, too?"

Haven't started it yet. The first book is on my to-read list and I'm planning to read it soon. I've heard it's good!

Lisa Kay Thanks, Baba!

Lisa Kay Mary wrote: "Haven't started it yet. The first book is on my to-read list and I'm planning to read it soon. I've..."

Well, this one needs to be read before the last in the A&O series. I just LOVE that over series. Love this one, too, just not as much as the A&O. Not like everyone else, who prefer this one.

Mary Well, you've made me excited to read A&O! I'm going to move the first book up on my list. :-)

Lisa Kay Mary wrote: "Well, you've made me excited to read A&O! I'm going to move the first book up on my list. :-)"

Oh, I hope you like it even half as much as I did, Mary!