ephrielle's Reviews > Dragons of Wendal

Dragons of Wendal by Maria E. Schneider

Jun 25, 2012

liked it
Read from June 25 to 30, 2012

Don't be fooled by the very short and simple blurb or the less than awesome cover. This is a satisfying read with great characters. There is definitely more to this book than the blurb lets on. And it isn't anywhere as cheesy or shoddy as the cover given impression.

There were a few moments in this story that it would jump in fits leaving me a bit confused. At other times the pace would drastically speed up making things feel like they happened too fast. The romance, for example, built fast than slammed on the breaks and sped off again. Aside from a few anomalies it was an interesting story. It reminded me a bit of Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

The characters are highly entertaining. I enjoyed everyone's obsession with claiming Zoe. It was hilarious to follow her complete obliviousness to their true meaning. Very cute. I also loved Zoe's ability to offend the other characters when she is asking a sincere question. So funny. It is sweet that is turns out to be one of her many endearing characteristics.

The end comes with a feeling of the possibility of more to come yet is satisfying. Zoe is well placed and hopefully content. A good read in the world of fantasy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragons of Wendal.