Tari's Reviews > Grounds for Murder

Grounds for Murder by Tara Lush

bookshelves: netgalley

When Lana's barista was killed right after he quit and she was questionably looked at all over the island, the reporter in her couldn't stand leaving it alone. She even managed to get her newspaper friend to let her do an article on the dead barista who was a hit with all the ladies and an Insta sensation. With the help of a new friend and the handsome police chief (who actually didn't want her help, but he liked her), Lana made it to a showdown with the killer that was pretty nail-biting. I'd suspected this person after picking up on some clues and was wondering how it'd play out.

Even thought Erica is light years from anyone I would probably want to hang out with, I absolutely loved her character! She was hilarious and sometimes really good for Lana's confidence. Lana's dad was a hoot too without actually meaning to be one. It'll be interesting to see what these three get into in the next book which I'm definitely anxious to read. This was a nice strong start for a new beach mystery series, and I'm definitely a sucker for mysteries set at the beach! I liked Lana and Noah being together and hope they stay that way without fighting or bickering. He was a pretty patient guy to have to deal with her, but he could see the frustration she had with her need to be on a case like she'd been as a journalist in her previous life.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grounds for Murder.

September 17, 2020 – Shelved