Mackenzie's Reviews > The Year of Secret Assignments

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty

Jun 25, 2012

SPOILERS ARE IN THIS REVIEW*****

When Ashbury girls Cassie, Emily, and Lydia end up writing letters to rival school Brookfield's boys Matthew, Charlie, and Sebastian, they end up in more trouble then they bargained for.
Cassie gets a broken heart, a chance at revenge, and a crazy therapist. Emily teaches Charlie how to get the girl of his dreams by lessons on How To Date A Girl, Meeting A Girl By Chance, and Gazing Into A Girls Eyes. Lydia and Seb trade secret assignments, such as selling polar bears, setting off alarms, and playing pool.
I loved the writing of this book. It met my expectations and went beyond quickly. Why did I rate it 4 stars then, not 5? Because, while the "paper trail" style of writing was good, it was hard to follow. It left me wishing I could have seen some action as it happens.
Otherwise, the plot is creative and the writing is notable. It contains enough twists and turns to keep it interesting, but not so many that you cannot follow.
Good job, Jaclyn Moriarty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Secret Assignments.