Princess Bookie's Reviews > Out of the Easy

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Jun 25, 2012

bookshelves: read2012
Read from July 08 to 11, 2012

My Thoughts: I’m the girl who doesn’t read much historical. I never find myself very interested in it. It doesn’t hold my attention very well.

But, Out Of The Easy was so good. I actually enjoyed it and finished it real quick. This is the first real historical that I really never got bored and I ate the story right up.

We are introduced to Josie who is the daughter of a prostitute. Josie has lived above a bookstore before she was even a teenager and has pretty much taken care of herself. She works at the bookstore with the owners soon. His name is Patrick. I really liked Patrick and I enjoyed Josie and his friendship. Another boy I want to mention now is Jesse. Oh Jesse, you are so adorable. He was witty and really charming. And that motorcycle! Oh Jesse!!!

One day while Josie is working at the bookstore a man walks in. He has class and Josie automatically admires him because he doesn’t treat her like others do. She wants to go to college and he actually thinks she can do whatever she wants. Its nice to have someone believe in you even if it is only for a little while.

This sets everything in motion and Josie is thrown into a situation where she has to make daily decisions that could affect her life and everyone around her.

Out Of The Easy was a brilliant novel. It had a nice plot and enough romance thrown in to keep me interested. It was also neat seeing Josie’s relationship with all the prostitutes and her close friendships with a few other characters.

Out Of The Easy was beautiful and I loved it!

Overall: So, I don’t read historicals, right? If you're like me, please try this one out and see if you like it or not. And if you already like them, you’ll probably enjoy this as well! Out Of The Easy was a nice novel, a sort of beauty to it. Josie was also very smart and a great heroine!

Cover: Its actually really pretty and artistic. I think it fits perfectly.

What I'd Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
____________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Easy.

07/09/2012 page 169

message 1: by Heidi (new) - added it

Heidi Lovely review, Cindy!

Cass -  Words on Paper Read her debut! I'm shocked that you haven't done so already. I'm stoked that you enjoyed this, Cindy!

Lola Just finished this today! Loved it!