Peter Megyeri's Reviews > Storm of Locusts

Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse

I've started this one right after I've finished the previous book in the series. I can tell that this is a much more fast-paced, action-oriented page turner then the previous one. I listened to an interview with the author and I've learned that she studied to be a writer, and it shows. It is very well written. I continued to bond with the characters and was involved in the story emotionally all the way. I liked this one too. This was a nice read, so I wholeheartedly recommend the series to any post-apocalyptic urban fantasy fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm of Locusts.

Quotes Peter Liked

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Rissa flops onto the chair next to him. It’s my second favorite chair, and I only have two.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“I thought you were turning over a new leaf,” Rissa says to me. “Trying not to kill people.” “I was, but that was yesterday. Today, with the whole captured and drugged thing? I’m feeling pretty aggro.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“He’s in there right now butchering a man he called his friend five minutes ago.” “He doesn’t like rapists. That seems like an excellent quality to me.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“I feel like I should be offended, but I’m so far from offended. Being a fine lady sounds like a fucking nightmare.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“That was just a lot of words. You didn’t actually tell me anything.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Where are you going?” he calls. “To fight your friend. That god.” “Drunk?” “I’m sure as hell not doing it sober.” “Fair point.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Sorry.” She grins, showing teeth. “I’m afraid you’re stuck with me now.” “Is that a threat? Because you make that sound like a threat.” “You bet your ass it is.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Ah, now,” he says, his grin shifting to disarming, “you wouldn’t shoot a man who baked you a pie, would you?” “Didn’t anyone tell you, Gideon?” I growl, as K’aahanáanii rolls through my veins. “I’m the crazy one in the girl gang.” I pull the trigger.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Magic, medicine, science, and a little luck. If I had duct tape, I’d throw that in too.”

Rebecca Roanhorse
“Don’t you want to be free?” “No! Free is lonely. Free is having no one who cares for you, no one who will sacrifice their own lives to protect you. Free is no one having your back even when you’re a solid bitch. I don’t want that kind of free!”

September 16, 2020 – Shelved