Latoya's Reviews > False Covenant

False Covenant by Ari Marmell

Jun 25, 2012

Two Words: Amazing and Insane! Widdershins is back and trouble has found her once again! I love Widdershins, she is a tough chic that can hold her own and everyone else's too and with such snarky wit. I found myself smiling at her antics and her saucy honesty. Marmell has created an intricate and fantastic world in Davillon, with rich characters that have emotional depth that anyone can relate to dealing with loss, friendship and love. The story begins six months after the fiasco in the first book without the past and present narrative. The Church has abandoned the city and everyone blames Widdershins for what's happened.
Wanted dead by many and loved by some, Widdershins is about fed up with it all. She is not exactly herself since the death of her best friend and is a tad rusty on her thievery. She seems more distracted and less observant of her surroundings. Now in addition to everything she is going through, she is being stalked by a mysterious aristocrat, plus tasked with discovering the origin of the dark and mysterious creature, playing fright factor with the residents of Davillon. What she discovers is more than she or her god bargained for; can she survive to save them all? There is a hint of romance in this book but it's not the primary focus of the book. Renard is a thief that is secretly in love with an oblivious Widdershins and Julien is a guard that has arrested her on several occasions but somehow, I think he likes her. Both of these guys are great choices and very cute but Widdershins just hasn't caught on to that, yet. She has another admirer but I won't tell who. Overall, this is a great action-packed adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Covenant.

June 25, 2012 – Started Reading