Eric Troup's Reviews > Treasures and Trinkets: A Dragon's Brood Tale

Treasures and Trinkets by Josh de Lioncourt

In the interest of full disclosure, I've been friends with Josh de Lioncourt for over 20 years. However, rather than influencing me to heap vast quantities of overenthusiastic praise, that fact can influence me to be more critical of his work, in an effort to avoid falling into the "friend trap." I tell you this so that when I say "Treasures and Trinkets" is possibly his best work yet, you will not dismiss that out of hand. This is one of those stories that grabs hold of the reader's imagination and refuses to let go, even long after the story is finished. The characters leapt off the page (or in this case, out of my earbuds) and into my heart. I can only hope we don't have to wait too terribly long for more stories involving Maddie and Lessa. There are things I want to say, but I won't; I hate reviews that contain spoilers. But they're all good things. I can't recommend this story highly enough, whether you've read the books of the Dragon’s Brood Cycle or not. I promise you, though, that if you haven't, by the time you finish this story, you'll _want to read the rest of the series! You'll _need to read the rest of the series! ... Pardon me; my passion provoked a bit of Jack Nicholson to come out.) Seriously, give this a listen or a read. Or both! You'll be glad you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasures and Trinkets.

September 15, 2020 – Started Reading