Shanice Singh's Reviews > Playing with Fire

Playing with Fire by L.J. Shen

It took me a while to get into this novel but it was a nice sort of slow burn- sort of like West and Grace's relationship.
West is running away from his past traumas and his method of escape involves drugs, alcohol and fighting for money.
Grace is trying to hide away from her past where she was involved in a fire that ruined her beauty. Her method of escape involves isolation, baseball caps and hoodies.
When West signs up to work with Grace at her best friend's food truck, no one expects anything to happen between them. The town's hottie bad boy and the girl burned so badly she looks like toast? Highly unlikely.
But the two strike up a friendship and the more time they spend together, the more they start to realize that they might not be that different after all.
"Playing with Fire" was a book I looked forward to for a while but was reluctant to approach because it seemed too angsty.
There is a whole lot of angst which is why I couldn't binge read it the way I wanted to but I enjoyed reading this nonetheless.
This is one of L.J Shen's finest work and if you want to cry and feel good thereafter, this is the book for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing with Fire.

September 15, 2020 – Started Reading