Andreea's Reviews > New Moon

F 50x66
Oct 16, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: reviewed, 10th-grade
Recommended to Andreea by: Ioana (still miss you!)
Recommended for: Vampire and werewolf lovers
Read in July, 2008

** spoiler alert ** "New Moon" is the continuation of "Twilight". It starts off on an optimistic note for Human Bella and Vampire Edward, until things go horribly wrong on Bella's birthday. She gets a papercut, making the 7 vampires in Edward's family suddenly blood-thirsty and when Jasper almost kills Bella, Edward decides he's putting her in too much trouble. He and his family move and half the book details Bella's utter despair at losing the love of her life. I think that's why the book is called "New Moon"; it details the darkest part of Bella's life. Once again, I think the angst was overdone, albeit well-written. A werewolf named Jacob helps her through this time and eventually falls in love with her, which complicates things when Edward returns. I thought the werewolves were also a bit much. We already have vampires that are cold to the touch. Why do we need their exact opposites - werewolves who are hot to the touch? Cold vampires make sense, since they are practically dead, but why would werewolves burn hot? Just to be the opposites of vampires? There are so many interesting characters in this book: Jasper, Alice, Carisle, Sam, Angela... I kept wondering why Stephanie Meyer would bother inventing so many fascinating characters and then not develop them at all. Jacob developed a lot over the series, though, so I can't complain there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.