LoveOftenReadOften's Reviews > Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

F 50x66
Jun 24, 2012

My favorite book by Nicholas Sparks, which is saying a lot because I've read all of them. It really gives me a satisfied ending--regardless of the fact that I practically bawled for thirty minutes after I finished it.

The biggest quality I love about ALL of Nicholas Sparks' books is the fact that he, as an author in romance, doesn't always the predictable ending of a romance that all girls/women hope for. He doesn't take the typical path of a romance where everything ends with a 'Happily Ever After'. Instead, the ending gives each character something that they can truly hold onto and learn from. It's more of a bittersweet ending for each and one of his books but once you're done reading his books, you come away with them with a sense of pride and some dignity and even some knowledge about yourself.

I hated the movie and the movie and the book have completely different endings so if you're curious about if you want to read the book now, after you've seen the movie, I HIGHLY recommend you to read the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John.