preppea's Reviews > Stalk Me

Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd

bookshelves: romance, young-adult, zz-reviewed

First of all, how amazing is that cover?!?! A cover has such an influence over how desparate I am to read a book and MAN - this one really had that in spades!

As for the story, I'd give it 3.5 stars. I felt pulled in so many directions with this story. On the one hand, I felt like Keatyn had WAY too many guys for one story - not only did it make it difficult for me to identify with her (okay that plus the ridiculous amount of money, famous parents, most popular girl in school 'problems', etc) but then each guy would say something that so conveniently had more than one meaning. That way, Keatyn had the perfect excuse to completely write him off; only for him to later detail what he'd really meant so she could whole-heartedly take him back a few chapters later.

I especially didn't get why she wasted an entire summer (and several chapters) on Brooklyn; not when Cush had already proven himself to be a beyond-perfect guy!

After griping to myself about all of this for a while, a stalker attempts to kidnap Keatyn and the story goes so over-the-top that I finally decided that perhaps I'm not supposed to be able to relate. I started to realize that Stalk Me reminded me a lot of all those Amanda Bynes movies/television shows that I guiltily watch whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up - they're unrealistic and over-the-top but they're also really fun and you might even get to spend some quality time ogling Channing Tatum ;) And Keatyn certainly has her fair share (or 20 girls' fair share) of hot guys to ogle...

I think that extra step of ridiculous with the addition of boarding school was what finally allowed me to start enjoying the ride - and the introduction of heartbreaker (aka God of all Hotties) Aiden didn't hurt matters either. I will definitely be picking up the next book in the series so I can see just how much trouble Keatyn can get into - and which guy(s) she can't get enough of!

**Reviewed by Michelle on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalk Me.

June 24, 2012 – Shelved