Yvette Calleiro's Reviews > Son of the Serpent

Son of the Serpent by Vashti Quiroz-Vega

bookshelves: 2020-reading-challenge, paranormal-fantasy, paranormal-books

I absolutely loved book one, but I honestly think I love this book even more. I felt sorry for Lilith in book one, and I completely loathed her in this book. The author does a phenomenal job of allowing you to see the evil that festers and flourishes within Lilith. She also brilliantly draws you in to feel compassion and empathy for Dracul on his journey to not only fit in but to also rid the world of his horrific mother. And then, there's Gadreel (still my favorite character...lol!). The author's use of this character to guide the story into each situation was fantastic.

I loved how the author pulled stories from the bible and effortlessly wove these characters into the major game-changing scenes of history. The seamless story-telling shows that the author did her research to make sure the story held true to its historical depiction while also allowing her characters the flexibility to shape those moments in time.

I cannot wait to read book three, Gadreel's story. After reading this book, I'm even more excited to read it. I highly recommend this book (and series) to anyone who enjoys well-written stories with cleverly crafted characters whose struggles will make you fight for their survival and success. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Son of the Serpent.

September 13, 2020 – Started Reading