Kayleigh-Ånn Evans's Reviews > The Other Half of Me

The Other Half of Me by Morgan McCarthy

** spoiler alert ** I've rated this book as a 4 star, because although I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and found it enthralling throughout, I still found the ending lacking....as in, I'm still not entirely sure what story I just read. It was so engrossing, getting into the lives of these characters, so all consuming reading of the bond and eventual breakdown of said bond between the two main sibling characters, and yet I'm still not certain that I'm aware of their outcome.
The story centers around Jonathon and Theo, one strong and resourceful, the other fairy-like and swept away on whims. They are in literal effect the other half of each other.So what should happen if that theoretical other half should cease to exist? This is what the story leads to, and in the last 20 pages or so examines the aftermath of this, and the gradual acceptance of peace. I did, under no uncertain terms, very much enjoy reading this journey of the siblings, and following through their joys and tribulations, the story is so well written,the narrative I found exceptional, especially for a first novel, and I would most definitely recommend it. Again my only nark was that it seemed to taper off to an oddity, but an oddity that was in keeping with the story.
The only advice I would have to anyone reading this book is not to expect a huge revelation or climax - the intrigue that builds up is never fully satisfied, much like Jonathon after he feels he has failed a very co-dependent Theo.
All in all, very good and I would happily look out for more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Half of Me.

June 24, 2012 – Shelved