Fr. Ted's Reviews > Squeeze Me

Squeeze Me by Carl Hiaasen

U 50x66

liked it

I just read this one for fun. The story moves right along and I wanted to keep reading to know where it was headed. Without giving much away about the narrative, what comes to my mind in thinking about the book is it is about how in South Florida, the filthy rich conduct their lives - basically moving between amorality and immorality. Our current President and his wife are two main characters in the book, though they are never named other than their supposed secret service code names. They certainly are portrayed unflateringly as being part of the jet setting, billionaire playboy scene who are excessive in their behaviors and lifestyle. The morality of the filthy rich is governed by what they can afford to do (which includes what they can afford in terms of legal fees, bribes, payouts and using their wealth and power to influence legal and political decisions). I generally liked the book but thought the ending was a bit weak as it wasn't totally clear to me what the ex-governor in hiding was trying to accomplish or even imagined he was accomplishing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Squeeze Me.

September 11, 2020 – Started Reading