Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > Something Worth Doing

Something Worth Doing by Jane Kirkpatrick

bookshelves: historical-fiction

Well researched portrayal of life in 1853 with authentic family dynamics. I found Abigail, Ben, and the people they interacted with to be solidly researched and well fleshed out characters. Abigail's struggles are relatable and easy to identify with even though we live in a very different world and the culture has changed a lot since then. Ben comes across how I would imagine a husband would be back then and I feel the situation they found themselves in to be believable and true to the time period. Kirkpatrick does a solid job painting the scenery and conveying the emotions of the characters, especially Abigail. I like that she includes discussion questions so the book can be used in a literature study. Overall, this is an enjoyable, enlightening, and even educational read that I can easily recommend.

I received a review copy of this book through the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion. No other means of compensation beyond the book were offered or received. These are my personal opinions, which may or may not mirror your own, and belong solely to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Worth Doing.

Started Reading