Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > KIN

KIN by Kealan Patrick Burke

Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: for-pw, indie-author-love
Read in July, 2012

I love books like this!!

They're real, they're raw, and I'm guessing they might taste like chicken ;)

This is a book about a survivor, a soldier, and a family who eats PEOPLE!

That's right... PEOPLE!!

But they don't eat people because there isn't a Publix nearby. No, they eat people because they are trying to rid the world of the Men of the World. You know... just trying to help God out. He totally wants them to do that. Well, they're pretty sure. Actually, if you dispute them.... well, if you try to dispute them... then you'll probably become the main course. Nom nom nom!!

As twisted as it sounds I found the cannibal family's story to be the most awesome. It was full of color and misunderstandings. I mean, once you learn why they are eating the people then it just makes sense. Why wouldn't you eat people?!!

But fear not citizens! I'm not going to go munching on people. I just think it was super rad to get inside their heads.

In the story we follow Claire, who is limping away from a nasty time with the cannibals. She got some piggies missing and a couple of digits and oh yeah... an eyeball. She gets picked up on the side of the road by a local and then taken to get stitched up.

This is where the fun starts!!

Claire can't stay in town!! If the cannibals find out where she is then it's curtains!! Or should I say... flesh curtains!!!

It's a most awesome story!! I mean.... the twists and turns are freaking unreal! This would have made the most awesome X-Files episode evah!!!

If you are into thrillers then this book is for you!! You won't regret it!! The characters are super imaginative, the gore is magnificent, and the story is out of this world!

Super loved!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read KIN.

06/30/2012
6.0% "When my dad would say "We'll see" it also meant 'no'. When he said "Maybe" that's the one that meant 'yes' ;)"
06/30/2012
15.0% "In my opinion this book is a mix of `The Hills Have Eyes' & an X-Files freak of the week show mixed with a misunderstood compassion."
07/01/2012
19.0% "*rubs hands together and squees - Muhahahahas!! Things are about to get GOOD!"
07/03/2012
50.0% "Halfway done and I'm biting my nails in anticipation to find out what happens next!!"
07/04/2012
69.0% "Woah! I'm a little mad that it is a holiday because this is about to get juicy. Gonna haveto sneak away later to read."
07/05/2012
93.0% "We're in the home stretch now!! Sharpen dem blades!!"
07/05/2012
100.0% "That was most awesome!!! Review to come :)"