Julie 's Reviews > Murder on Cold Street

Murder on Cold Street by Sherry Thomas

bookshelves: berkley, assigned, historical-mystery, 2020, e-book, netgalley

Lady Sherlock Rocks!

This is my first book in this series. I wouldn't have chosen to start here, but this is an assigned book - on a deadline, I've already missed- so I dug in, hoping for the best.

Despite missing out on some interesting history between the recurring characters, I thoroughly enjoyed this excellent locked room mystery. I had been curious about this series for a long time, so I'm glad I finally had the chance to check it out. I will definitely continue on with the series and hopefully, I will be able to cram in the previous four books before the next release, so I'll understand all the nuances hinted at in this installment.

If you are following this series, I'm sure you'll find this book to be a worthy addition. For me, I love locked room mysteries and this one was a highly entertaining head-scratcher.

If you love historical and British mysteries or like the various Sherlockian pastiches, then you will probably want to check this series out! If this book is any indication, I think this could become one of my favorites!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on Cold Street.

September 10, 2020 – Started Reading
September 19, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020
September 19, 2020 – Shelved as: e-book
September 19, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 19, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina An excellent review Julie! I'm betting the Lady Sherlock series would be vey good!

Julie Tina wrote: "An excellent review Julie! I'm betting the Lady Sherlock series would be vey good!"

Thank you very much, Tina!! I think so too!

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Ooh this sounds great Julie, wonderful review 🌺

Julie Maureen wrote: "Ooh this sounds great Julie, wonderful review 🌺"

Thanks so much, Maureen!! I think you'd like this series!! 💖

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Sounds good. I'll have to check out this series. Book #1 though. ;).

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Nice review Julie ........ seems like you’ve hit on a great series :)

Julie Betsy wrote: "Sounds good. I'll have to check out this series. B];/look #1 though. ;)

Yes! I loved this book- but I really wished I could have read them in order. Thankfully, there are only four books to catch up on! 💖

Julie Richard wrote: "Nice review Julie ........ seems like you’ve hit on a great series :)"

Thank you, Richard!! Yes! A wonderful discovery! 😊

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Chinnici Nice review, Julie. I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to continue on with these. I'm glad to see they're still going strong at book five!

Julie Nicole wrote: "Nice review, Julie. I read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to continue on with these. I'm glad to see they're still going strong at book five!"

Thank you, Nicole!! I hope the series continues to develop over time. Lady Sherlock is a most interesting character! 💖

Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill Great review Julie! I am intrigued, this sounds good!

Julie Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill wrote: "Great review Julie! I am intrigued, this sounds good!"

Thanks so much, Kim!! I was impressed- looking forward to reading the previous installments!! 💖

message 13: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fabulous review Julie! Glad you enjoyed!💖

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Fabulous review Julie! Glad you enjoyed!💖"

Thank you very much, Kaceey!! 💖

message 15: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Excellent review Julie. I think I will go to the 1st book in this series and start there,

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Terrific review, Julie!

message 17: by Laur (new) - added it

Laur Sounds like my kind of series! I’ve added them! Great review! 💖

message 18: by Yun (new) - added it

Yun Terrific review, Julie! So glad you loved it! I adore this series, and it's been the highlight of my fall for the last few years as each book has been released. The fact that you gave it such a high rating without reading the previous books is such an amazing endorsement! I absolutely can't wait to read this for myself! :)

Julie Maureen wrote: "Excellent review Julie. I think I will go to the 1st book in this series and start there,"

Thank you, Maureen!! I hope you enjoy it!! 💖

Julie Elizabeth wrote: "Terrific review, Julie!"

Many thanks, Elizabeth!! 💖

Julie Laur💫 wrote: "Sounds like my kind of series! I’ve added them! Great review! 💖"

Thank you so much!! I think you'll like it! Happy reading!! 💖

Julie Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! So glad you loved it! I adore this series, and it's been the highlight of my fall for the last few years as each book has been released. The fact that you gave it such a hig..."

Thanks so much, Yun!! I hope you enjoy this installment as much as I did!! So glad I was finally introduced to Lady Sherlock! 💖

message 23: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle Grosbety So glad you enjoyed this one so deeply...I do love myself a closed room mystery as well so may have to look into this series at some point! :)

Julie Gabrielle wrote: "So glad you enjoyed this one so deeply...I do love myself a closed room mystery as well so may have to look into this series at some point! :)"

Thank you very much, Gabrielle!! 💖

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Great review, Julie!

message 26: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you first experience with this series was a good one!

message 27: by JanB (new)

JanB I do love British mysteries, especially locked room ones. I need to look into this series. Great review Julie!

message 28: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth Fab review, Julie! 💙

Julie Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thank you very much, Brenda!! 💖

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie! Glad you first experience with this series was a good one!"

Thanks so much, Meredith!! 💖

Julie JanB wrote: "I do love British mysteries, especially locked room ones. I need to look into this series. Great review Julie!"

Thank you very much, Jan! I thought this one was clever- but characters are a strong draw as well. 💖

Julie Mary Beth wrote: "Fab review, Julie! 💙"

Many thanks, Mary Beth!! 💖

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Terrific review, Julie! I enjoy this series, too! ❤️

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! I enjoy this series, too! ❤️"

Thanks so much, Jennifer!! So happy I finally met Lady Sherlock! 💖

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Fantastic review dear! I’m glad you enjoyed it starting where you did. I love the book cover too 😊💕

Julie Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Fantastic review dear! I’m glad you enjoyed it starting where you did. I love the book cover too 😊💕"

Thanks so much, Melissa!! I love the cover, as well!! 💖

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Julie wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Fantastic review dear! I’m glad you enjoyed it starting where you did. I love the book cover too 😊💕"

Thanks so much, Melissa!! I love the cover, as well!! 💖"

You’re welcome 💕

message 38: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Julie! So glad you enjoyed this! I too love locked room mysteries!

Julie Susanne wrote: "Great review Julie! So glad you enjoyed this! I too love locked room mysteries!"

Thank you very much, dear Susanne!! 💖

message 40: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Julie!!💯😉💋👊💕

Julie Kat wrote: "Excellent review Julie!!💯😉💋👊💕"

Thanks so much, Kat!! 💖

message 42: by Paromjit (new)

Paromjit Fabulous review, dearest Julie xx

Julie Paromjit wrote: "Fabulous review, dearest Julie xx"

Many thanks, Paromjit!! 💖

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa ~ Bantering Books Terrific review, Julie! I’m glad the book worked for you even though you haven’t read the entire series. :)

Julie Melissa wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! I’m glad the book worked for you even though you haven’t read the entire series. :)"

Thanks so much, Melissa!! 💖

Allison Keith Very nice review, Julie. I love this series. It is so creative, and the covers are gorgeous.

Julie Allison wrote: "Very nice review, Julie. I love this series. It is so creative, and the covers are gorgeous."

Thanks so much, Allison!! I have all the previous installments on hold at the library. Can't wait to read them- and yes, the cover art is amazing!! 💖